Build well-structured, testable applications and APIs using hapi.js
About This Book
- With the help of this book, you will improve your productivity as a developer and that of your team by focusing on business logic utilizing the structure that Hapi.js provides
- You will be introduced to a real-world problem and we'll demonstrate how to use the tools Hapi provides to resolve it
- This is the only book with a learn-by-example approach
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Increase your productivity by taking advantage of the out-of-the-box features hapi.js provides
- Build secure API servers
- Create websites and applications using your favorite templating language
- Leverage hapi.js plugins to better structure your codebase
- Simplify your security workflows with the built-in authentication and authorization functionality of hapi.js
- Ensure application reliability with testing and code coverage
- Reduce code complexity using reusable validation logic with joi
- Gather insight into your application performance via logging
- Start the journey to building robust production-ready applications
This book will introduce hapi.js and walk you through the creation of your first working application using the out-of-the-box features hapi.js provides. Packed with real-world problems and examples, this book introduces some of the basic concepts of hapi.js and Node.js and takes you through the typical journey you'll face when developing an application. Starting with easier concepts such as routing requests, building APIs serving JSON, using templates to build websites and applications, and connecting databases, we then move on to more complex problems such as authentication, model validation, caching, and techniques for structuring your codebase to scale gracefully. You will also develop skills to ensure your application's reliability through testing, code coverage, and logging.
By the end of this book, you'll be equipped with all the skills you need to build your first fully featured application. This book will be invaluable if you are investigating Node.js frameworks or planning on using hapi.js in your next project.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach to building an application or web server using hapi.js though examples.