About This Book
- Apply the core principles of concurrency to both browser and server side development
- Learn how concurrent and parallel programming can help you tackle the challenges of fast, data heavy web development
Who This Book Is For
All aspects of concurrent, asynchronous, and parallel programming are covered from first principles and by the end of the book you'll be able to create a fully-worked application that leverages all the topics covered in the book.
What You Will Learn
- Use promises to turn complex synchronization scenarios into readable and maintainable values
- Compute values lazily and avoid unnecessary memory allocations using generators.
- Write concurrent code that doesn't feel like concurrent code by abstracting away boilerplate chores
- Leverage true hardware parallelism with web workers to get a better performance
- Get to grips with the NodeJS model of concurrency and learn why it's good for I/O-intensive web applications
The best developers know that great design is about more than the UI – with concurrency, you can be confident every your project will be expertly designed to guarantee its dynamism and power.
Style and approach