A comprehensive, practical guide to accessing virtual desktops, applications, and services through a unified platform
About This Book
- This is the first book on the market that delivers desktops and applications through a single Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platform
- Reduce enterprise costs by dynamically allocating resources with virtual storage, compute and networking
- This comprehensive guide provides simplified operations, improved security, and accelerated time-to-value using VMware Horizon 7
Who This Book Is For
If you are a newcomer to system administration, and you wish to implement the Horizon environment, then this book is for you. Prior knowledge of Horizon is beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Walk through the configuration of VMware Horizon, including the new Horizon Access Point appliance
- Implement a multi-site VMware Horizon pod using the Cloud Pod Architecture feature
- Understand the integration between VMware Horizon and VSAN, and see how they are deployed together
- Explore how to implement and maintain Microsoft RDS and Linux and Windows Desktop Pools Create and optimize desktop master images.
- Understand how to manage the SSL certificates for each of the VMware Horizon components.
VMware Horizon 7 has been a buzz since it was announced. One of the major reasons is the introduction of the new Instant Clones feature. This book will complement the product documentation by providing real-life examples of how it is implemented along with the latest features and components of the platform.
We'll explore the latest features of the platform, including those added through product acquisitions such as User Environment Manager and App Volumes. Further on, you will also be introduced to the new capabilities added to the core product such Linked-Clone RDS pools.
Upon completion of this book, you will have an understanding of the capabilities and benefits VMware Horizon can provide to your organization, and how each of its components are implemented.
Style and approach
This comprehensive guide focuses on the practicality of VMware Horizon and how you can implement it in your organization.