Get the most out of the Elastic Stack for various complex analytics using this comprehensive and practical guide
About This Book
- Your one-stop solution to perform advanced analytics with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Learn how to make better sense of your data by searching, analyzing, and logging data in a systematic way
- This highly practical guide takes you through an advanced implementation on the ELK stack in your enterprise environment
Who This Book Is For
This book cater to developers using the Elastic stack in their day-to-day work who are familiar with the basics of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, and now want to become an expert at using the Elastic stack for data analytics.
What You Will Learn
- Build a pipeline with help of Logstash and Beats to visualize Elasticsearch data in Kibana
- Use Beats to ship any type of data to the Elastic stack
- Understand Elasticsearch APIs, modules, and other advanced concepts
- Explore Logstash and it's plugins
- Discover how to utilize the new Kibana UI for advanced analytics
- See how to work with the Elastic Stack using other advanced configurations
- Customize the Elastic Stack and plugin development for each of the component
- Work with the Elastic Stack in a production environment
- Explore the various components of X-Pack in detail.
Even structured data is useless if it can't help you to take strategic decisions and improve existing system. If you love to play with data, or your job requires you to process custom log formats, design a scalable analysis system, and manage logs to do real-time data analysis, this book is your one-stop solution. By combining the massively popular Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, and Kibana, elastic.co has advanced the end-to-end stack that delivers actionable insights in real time from almost any type of structured or unstructured data source. If your job requires you to process custom log formats, design a scalable analysis system, explore a variety of data, and manage logs, this book is your one-stop solution. You will learn how to create real-time dashboards and how to manage the life cycle of logs in detail through real-life scenarios.
This book brushes up your basic knowledge on implementing the Elastic Stack and then dives deeper into complex and advanced implementations of the Elastic Stack. We'll help you to solve data analytics challenges using the Elastic Stack and provide practical steps on centralized logging and real-time analytics with the Elastic Stack in production. You will get to grip with advanced techniques for log analysis and visualization. Newly announced features such as Beats and X-Pack are also covered in detail with examples.
Toward the end, you will see how to use the Elastic stack for real-world case studies and we'll show you some best practices and troubleshooting techniques for the Elastic Stack.
Style and approach
This practical guide shows you how to perform advanced analytics with the Elastic stack through real-world use cases. It includes common and some not so common scenarios to use the Elastic stack for data analysis.