Bring the best out of DevOps and build, deploy, and maintain applications on AWS
About This Book
- Work through practical examples and gain DevOps best practices to successfully deploy applications on AWS
- Successfully provision and operate distributed application systems and your AWS infrastructure using DevOps
- Perform Continuous Integration and deployment and fine-tune the way you deliver on AWS
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators and developers who manage AWS infrastructure and environments and are planning to implement DevOps in their organizations. Those aiming for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification will also find this book useful. Prior experience of operating and managing AWS environments is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Design and deploy infrastructure as code within your AWS Virtual Private Cloud
- Implement Continuous Integration using AWS Services
- Configure EC2 instances using SaltStack
- Implement Continuous Deployment using Jenkins and the AWS CLI
- Collect important metrics and log data to gain more insight into infrastructure and applications
- Troubleshooting popular issues with some less known techniques using the AWS platform
Knowing how to adopt DevOps in your organization is becoming an increasingly important skill for developers, whether you work for a start-up, an SMB, or an enterprise.
This book will help you to drastically reduce the amount of time spent on development and increase the reliability of your software deployments on AWS using popular DevOps methods of automation.
To start, you will get familiar with the concept of IaC and will learn to design, deploy, and maintain AWS infrastructure. Further on, you'll see how to design and deploy a Continuous Integration platform on AWS using either open source or AWS provided tools/services.
Following on from the delivery part of the process, you will learn how to deploy a newly created, tested, and verified artefact to the AWS infrastructure without manual intervention. You will then find out what to consider in order to make the implementation of Configuration Management easier and more effective.
Toward the end of the book, you will learn some tricks and tips to optimize and secure your AWS environment. By the end of the book, you will have mastered the art of implementing DevOps practices onto AWS.
Style and approach
This book is packed full of real-world examples demonstrating use cases that help you deploy DevOps best practices on AWS.