Build customized themes to make your Moodle courses engaging and interactive
About This Book
- Leverage the power of Moodle 3 to create interactive and engaging themes for your courses
- Experience and integrate the power of Bootstrap and CSS into your Moodle app
- Implement your plans with illustrative examples to become a top notch designer
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Moodle administrator, developer, or designer and wish to enhance your Moodle site to make it visually attractive, then this book is for you. You should be familiar with web design techniques such as HTML and further experience with CSS would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Plan a personalized Moodle theme from start to finish
- Install a Moodle theme in different operating systems and change Moodle's theme settings
- Add your own customized logo and test your changes in several web browsers
- Customize the Moodle site to fit in with other elements such as websites and social networks, among others
- Create a design mock-up using graphics software
- Design themes that are capable of working with a huge number of different resolutions, screen sizes, screen orientations, and pixel densities
- Work with code to adjust the theme to users requirements
- Create new custom icons for your theme
Theming is one of the main features of Moodle, and it can be used to customize your online courses and make them look exactly how you want them to,according to your target audience. If you have been looking for a book that will help you develop Moodle themes that you are proud of, and that your students will enjoy, then this is the book for you.
We start off by introducing Moodle 3 and explaining what it is, how it works, and what tools you might need to create a stunning Moodle theme. We then show you how to choose and change the pre-installed Moodle themes in detailed steps, and explain what Moodle themes are and how they work. Next, we show you how to change an existing theme and test the changes that you have made.
You can not only plan the customization of theme, but also tailor it using advanced Moodle theming processes; this book is your one-stop guide to creating your own personalized Moodle 3 theme.
Style and approach
This book acts as a comprehensive guide which helps you to create visually stunning and responsive themes to add that extra edge to your Moodle apps.