Build exhilarating gaming experiences using a wide range of game elements in Unity 5.x
About This Book
- Achieve your goals in a fun-filled way by creating gamification projects from scratch
- Leverage the Unity 5.X toolkit to create stunning and appealing projects
- Make your transition towards a pro project manager/ developer by learning tricks and techniques
Who This Book Is For
If you are a project manager, game developer, or programmer who wants to create successful end-to-end gamification projects from scratch, then this is the book for you. You do not need any previous experience of working with Unity 5.X. All the details required to make the most of gamifying your projects are provided in the book.
What You Will Learn
- Assess your learners' abilities by setting up challenges and quests
- Implement the game elements that relate to the project into Unity
- Publish your own task management application to better engage readers
- Improve your design using methods of playtesting and iteration
- Issue OpenBadges to recognize achievements and set up an online database to store your users achievements.
Are you looking at implementing gamification techniques for your business and wondering where to get a complete rundown of all the tricks and techniques? Well, you have come to the right place!
This book will start right from the basics such as gameplay elements and their functionalities before gradually moving onto creating your first gamification project from scratch.
You'll be given the tools and shown how to perform various techniques for creating gamified applications in different contexts. Finally, you will implement various game elements into Unity, publish your own task management application, and get to know the best practices and approaches when designing gamified experiences.
Style and approach
This book takes a real-world case studies approach, moving ahead in a step-by-step tutorial manner. You will create your own project from scratch, and the practical examples will help you create a successful gamification project.