Over 80 practical and interesting recipes that explore the plethora of functionalities and opportunities available with Raspberry Pi Zero
About This Book
- Deep dive into the components of the small yet powerful Raspberry Pi Zero
- Get into grips with integrating various hardware, programming, and networking concepts with the so-called “cheapest computer”
- Explore the functionalities of this $5 chip through practical recipes
Who This Book Is For
This book is for programmers and hobbyists who are eager to dive deep into the Raspberry Pi Zero. If you have basic or zero knowledge of the Raspberry Pi Zero, or if you looking for examples of ways to utilize the Raspberry Pi's GPIO interface, then this book is ideal for you. Basic knowledge of Python will be beneficial, and experience with circuitry and electronics will be needed for the later chapters in the book.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your Raspberry Pi Zero with the operating system, networking, and different interfaces
- Get a hands-on introduction to Linux, Python, and shell scripts with the Raspberry Pi Zero
- Become a master at driving GPIOs and controlling relays, motors, transistors, buzzers, audio, read switches, and interrupts with the Raspberry Pi Zero
- Control GPIOs using the web interface and Node.js
- Connect displays, LED matrixes, analog sensors, and digital sensors
- Hack the Ethernet on the Raspberry Pi Zero
- Make your Raspberry Pi Zero an IoT-based sensor node and remotely monitor your data
The Raspberry Pi Zero, one of the most inexpensive, fully-functional computers available, is a powerful and revolutionary product developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. The Raspberry Pi Zero opens up a new world for the makers out there. This book will give you expertise with the Raspberry Pi Zero, providing all the necessary recipes that will get you up and running.
In this book, you will learn how to prepare your own circuits rather than buying the expensive add–ons available in the market. We start by showing you how to set up and manage the Pi Zero and then move on to configuring the hardware, running it with Linux, and programming it with Python scripts. Later, we integrate the Raspberry Pi Zero with sensors, motors, and other hardware. You will also get hands-on with interesting projects in media centers, IoT, and more.
Style and approach
This recipe-based book will ensure you gain an intermediate-level knowledge of the Raspberry Pi Zero. This book contains comprehensive illustrations with specific schematics for each circuit diagram.