A hands-on guide to mastering mobile forensics for the iOS, Android, and the Windows Phone platforms
About This Book
- Get to grips with the basics of mobile forensics and the various forensic approaches
- Retrieve and analyze the data stored on mobile devices and on the cloud
- A practical guide to leverage the power of mobile forensics on the popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks and caveats
Who This Book Is For
This book is for forensics professionals who are eager to widen their forensics skillset to mobile forensics and acquire data from mobile devices.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the new features in practical mobile forensics
- Understand the architecture and security mechanisms present in iOS and Android platforms
- Identify sensitive files on the iOS and Android platforms
- Set up the forensic environment
- Extract data on the iOS and Android platforms
- Recover data on the iOS and Android platforms
- Understand the forensics of Windows devices
- Explore various third-party application techniques and data recovery techniques
Mobile phone forensics is the science of retrieving data from a mobile phone under forensically sound conditions. This book is an update to Practical Mobile Forensics and it delves into the concepts of mobile forensics and its importance in today's world.
We will deep dive into mobile forensics techniques in iOS 8 - 9.2, Android 4.4 - 6, and Windows Phone devices. We will demonstrate the latest open source and commercial mobile forensics tools, enabling you to analyze and retrieve data effectively. You will learn how to introspect and retrieve data from cloud, and document and prepare reports for your investigations.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the current operating systems and techniques so you can recover data from mobile devices by leveraging open source solutions.
Style and approach
This book takes a very practical approach and depicts real-life mobile forensics scenarios with lots of tips and tricks to help acquire the required forensics skillset for various mobile platforms.