The compilation of best skillset to harness Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Administrators, Consultants, and Developers
About This Book
- Take your skills to the next level with Dynamics NAV by implementing all the latest and advanced features
- Get a comprehensive coverage of how the NAV system can be implemented and maintained to get the most out of it
- Get powerful insights into how to integrate Dynamics NAV with third-party tolls and extend its functionality
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for administrators, developers, and consultants who are looking to take their knowledge of Dynamics NAV to new heights. You're expected to have a basic knowledge of Dynamics NAV workflows and C/AL, C/SIDE development.
What You Will Learn
- Installing the NAV system in different environments
- Implementing the system with the correct setup
- Maintaining the system to get the best possible performance
- Tuning up the Dynamics NAV to get better outcomes
- The Version Control strategy for Dynamics NAV developers
- Integrating other software and features to remove limitations
- Understanding your own system better
- Being able to solve customers' problems with “out-of-the-box” features
- Reducing customization and additional development time
The book begins by giving you a brief introduction to setting up your NAV environment and shows you how to install and configure it according to your requirements. You will then dive deep into the latest design patterns, network architecture, and topologies. We will show you how you can integrate NAV with the Microsoft platform, and secure your deployment by managing roles and permissions.
Moving on, we will explain how to monitor and manage server instances using the Administration tool. We'll discuss how you can take advantage of the expanded extensibility and connectivity capabilities for a tighter integration with the cloud as well as handheld devices. Then, we'll show you how you can make use of the PowerBI capabilities that have been built into Dynamics NAV.
By the end of the book, you will be confident in developing and administering a Dynamics NAV implementation that will leverage all of the new features.
Style and approach
This book takes a straightforward tutorial approach, providing you with step-by-step explanations and simple example-oriented walkthroughs. It is filled with use cases and situations that show you the different pitfalls you might encounter and how to get past them.