Build data-driven React applications with ease using GraphQL and Relay
About This Book
- Take your React applications to the next level with GraphQl and Relay
- Explore the concepts of data fetching, data handling, and more
- Learn to deploy your applications, which are compliant with GraphQl and Relay
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for those who have no prior experience or familiarity with Relay and/or GraphQL. You should be comfortable writing NodeJS applications on a MongoDB database with REST APIs as well as applications on the client-side using React and ES2015.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what problem GraphQL solves and how it differs from traditional REST architectures
- Create a GraphQL server
- Develop modular and maintainable GraphQL code
- Grasp how to define GraphQL mutations
- Comprehend how to define GraphQL queries
- Modify a GraphQL server to be Relay-compliant
- Develop a Relay client-side application with ReactJS that consumes a GraphQL endpoint
There's a new choice for implementing APIs – the open source and Facebook-created GraphQL specification. Designed to solve many of the issues of working with REST, GraphQL comes alongside RelayJS, a React library for querying a server that implements the GraphQL specification. This book takes you quickly and simply through the skills you need to be able to build production ready applications with both GraphQL and RelayJS.
Beginning with a solid foundation in the GraphQl specification, this book swiftly moves to how a data layer can be implemented for your web application using Relay. Get to grips with GraphQL and Relay concepts creating data containers, data masking, and more as your progress towards building a production-ready application.
Style and approach
This book serves as the answer to every question related to data-driven app development with React. Using real-world examples, this book will show you how to enhance the functionality of React apps by introducing efficient data handling features within the app.