Dive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced Apple development book
About This Book
- Discover the new features and improvements to Swift 3
- Get to grips with advanced design patterns and techniques to write smarter, cleaner Swift code
- Become a more fluent Swift developer and build powerful, impressive iOS and OS X applications.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to dive into the newest version of Swift.
If you are a developer that learns best by looking at, and working with code, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of Apple's tools is beneficial but not mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Dive into the core components of Swift 3.0, including operators, collections, control flow, and functions
- Create and use classes, structures, and enums
- Understand object-oriented Swift and see how to tackle inheritance, protocols, and extensions
- Develop a practical understanding of subscripts, optionals, and closures
- See how to use the new protocol extension and error handling features of Swift 3.0
- Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch
Swift is the definitive language of Apple development today. It's a vital part of any iOS and OS X developer's skillset, helping them to build the most impressive and popular apps on the App Store?the sort of apps that are essential to iPhone and iPad users every day. With version 3.0, the Swift team have added new features to improve the development experience?making it easier to get the results you want and customers expect.
Inside, you'll find the key features of Swift 3.0 and quickly learn how to use the newest updates to your development advantage. From Objective-C interoperability to ARC, to closures and concurrency, this advanced Swift guide will develop your expertise and make you more fluent in this vital programming language.
We give you in-depth knowledge of some of the most sophisticated elements of Swift development including protocol extensions, error-handling, design patterns, and concurrency, and guide you on how to use and apply them in your own projects. You'll see how even the most challenging design patterns and programming techniques can be used to write cleaner code and to build more performant iOS and OS X applications.
By the end of this book, you'll have a handle on effective design patterns and techniques, which means you'll soon be writing better iOS and OS X applications with a new level of sophistication and control.
Style and approach
Packed with practical examples that show you how to put the concepts you learn into practice quickly, we'll takes you through some of the most advanced and sophisticated elements of the language in a practical and actionable way. You can also download the code to use yourself