Quick fixes to your common C# programming problems, with a focus on C# 6.0
About This Book
- Unique recipes for C#, that places it in its real-world context.
- You will be able to get yourself out of any coding-corner youve backed yourself into.
- All code samples available through GitHub to bring C#.
- In line with modern development workflows, written to the latest specification of C# 6.0.
Who This Book Is For
The book is aimed at developers who have basic familiarity with C# programming and will know the VS 2015 environment.
What You Will Learn
- Write better and less code to achieve the same result as in previous versions of C#.
- Generate tests from the Code Contracts for mission critical methods.
- Integrate code in Visual Studio with GitHub.
- Create a web application in Azure.
- Design and build a microservice architecture
- Demystify the Rx library using Reactive extensions
- Write high performing codes in C# and understanding multi-threading.
- Security and Debugging.
- Implement Code Contracts on code in Visual Studio.
During your application development workflow, there is always a moment when you need to get out of a tight spot. Through a recipe-based approach, this book will help you overcome common programming problems and get your applications ready to face the modern world.
We start with C# 6, giving you hands-on experience with the new language features. Next, we work through the tasks that you perform on a daily basis such as working with strings, generics, and lots more. Gradually, we move on to more advanced topics such as the concept of object-oriented programming, asynchronous programming, reactive extensions, and code contracts.
You will learn responsive high performance programming in C# and how to create applications with Azure. Next, we will review the choices available when choosing a source control solution. At the end of the book, we will show you how to create secure and robust code, and will help you ramp up your skills when using the new version of C# 6 and Visual Studio
Style and Approach
Unique recipe-based guide that will help you gain a solid understanding of the new concepts in C# 6 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 in a concise and technically correct manner.