Create intelligent apps with vision, speech, language, and knowledge capabilities using Microsoft Cognitive Services
About This Book
- Explore the capabilities of all 21 APIs released as part of the Cognitive Services platform
- Build intelligent apps that combine the power of computer vision, speech recognition, and language processing
- Give your apps human-like cognitive intelligence with this hands-on guide
Who This Book Is For
.NET developers who want to add AI capabilities to their applications will find this book useful. No knowledge of machine learning or AI is expected to follow this book.
What You Will Learn
- Identify a person through visual inspection and audio
- Reduce user effort by utilizing AI-like capabilities
- Understand how to analyze images and text in different manners
- Find out how to analyze images using Vision APIs
- Add video analysis to applications using Vision APIs
- Utilize Search to find anything you want
- Analyze text to extract information and explore the structure of the text
Microsoft has revamped its Project Oxford to launch the all new Cognitive Services platform?a set of 21 APIs to add speech, vision, language, and knowledge capabilities to apps.
This book will introduce you to all 21 APIs released as part of Cognitive Services platform and show you how to leverage their capabilities. More importantly, you'll see how the power of these APIs can be combined to build real-world apps that have cognitive capabilities. The book is split into three sections: computer vision, speech recognition and language processing, and knowledge and search.
You will be taken through the vision APIs at first as this is very visual, and not too complex. The next part revolves around speech and language, which are somewhat connected. The last part is about adding real-world intelligence to apps by connecting them to Knowledge and Search APIs.
By the end of this book, you will be in a position to understand what Microsoft Cognitive Service can offer and how to use the different APIs.
Style and approach
This book adopts a step-by-step approach, covering the different APIs with a combination of theory and examples.