Customize your NAV applications
About This Book
- Gain from the insights and methods of industry-leading experts and tailor your applications to best suit the needs of your business
- Learn through the detailed explanations and useful examples that are presented in a logical, step-by-step manner
- This comprehensive guide is written with the goals of being used as a classroom text, a self-study text, and as a handy in-depth reference guide
Who This Book Is For
This book will appeal to all those who want to learn about NAV's powerful and extensive built-in development capabilities. It assumes that you understand programming and are familiar with business application software, although you aren't expected to have worked with NAV before. ERP consultants and managers of NAV development will also find the book helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Productively and effectively use the development tools that are built into Dynamics NAV
- Understand the strengths of NAV's development tools and how they can be applied to address functional business requirements
- Introduction to programming using the C/AL language in the C/SIDE Development Environment
- Explore functional design and development using C/AL
- Leverage advanced NAV development features and tools
- Get to know the best practices to design and develop modifications of new functionality integrated with the standard NAV software
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a full business solution suite, and a complete ERP solution, which contains a robust set of development tools to support customization and enhancement. These tools help in greater control over financials and can simplify supply chain, manufacturing, and operations.
This book will take you from an introduction to Dynamics NAV and its integrated development tools to being a productive developer in the Dynamics NAV Development Environment. You will find this book very useful if you want to evaluate the product's development capabilities or need to manage Dynamics NAV based projects. It will teach you about the NAV application structure, the C/SIDE development environment, the C/AL language paired with the improved editor, the construction and uses of each object type, and how it all fits together to build universal applications. With this new edition, you will be able to understand how to design and develop using Patterns and new features such as Extensions and Events.
Style and approach
This book is filled with examples and will serve as a comprehensive reference guide, complementing NAV's Help files.