Get the steps you need to discover the world of Java 9 programming using real-world examples
About This Book
- We bridge the gap between “learning” and “doing” by providing real-world examples that will improve your software development
- Our example-based approach will get you started quickly with software programming, get you up-to-speed with Java 9, and improve your Java skills
- This book will show you the best practices of Java coding and improve your productivity
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Compile, package and run a trivial program using a build management tool
- Get to know the principles of test-driven development and dependency management
- Separate the wiring of multiple modules from the application logic into an application using dependency injection
- Benchmark Java execution using Java 9 microbenchmarking
- See the workings of the Spring framework and use Java annotations for the configuration
- Understand static versus dynamic implementation of code and high-order reactive programming in Java
This book gets you started with essential software development easily and quickly, guiding you through Java's different facets. By adopting this approach, you can bridge the gap between learning and doing immediately. You will learn the new features of Java 9 quickly and experience a simple and powerful approach to software development. You will be able to use the Java runtime tools, understand the Java environment, and create Java programs.
We then cover more simple examples to build your foundation before diving to some complex data structure problems that will solidify your Java 9 skills. With a special focus on modularity and HTTP 2.0, this book will guide you to get employed as a top notch Java developer.
By the end of the book, you will have a firm foundation to continue your journey towards becoming a professional Java developer.
Style and approach
Throughout this book, our aim is to build Java programs. We will be building multiple applications ranging from simpler ones to more complex ones. Learning by doing has its advantages as you will immediately see the concepts explained in action.