Design and implement efficient RESTful solutions with this practical hands-on guide
About This Book
- Create a fully featured RESTful API solution from scratch.
- Learn how to leverage Node.JS, Express, MongoDB and NoSQL datastores to give an extra edge to your REST API design.
- Use this practical guide to integrate MongoDB in your Node.js application.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Install, develop, and test your own Node.js user modules
- Comprehend the differences between an HTTP and a RESTful application
- Optimize RESTful service URI routing with best practices
- Eliminate third-party dependencies in your tests with mocking
- Learn about NoSQL data stores and integrate MongoDB in your Node.js application with Mongoose
- Secure your services with NoSQL database integration within Node.js applications
- Enrich your development skills to create scalable, server-side, RESTful applications based on the Node.js platform
In this era of cloud computing, every data provisioning solution is built in a scalable and fail-safe way. Thus, when building RESTful services, the right choice for the underlying platform is vital. Node.js, with its asynchronous, event-driven architecture, is exactly the right choice to build RESTful APIs.
This book will help you enrich your development skills to create scalable, server-side, RESTful applications based on the Node.js platform.
Starting with the fundamentals of REST, you will understand why RESTful web services are better data provisioning solution than other technologies. You will start setting up a development environment by installing Node.js, Express.js, and other modules. Next, you will write a simple HTTP request handler and create and test Node.js modules using automated tests and mock objects. You will then have to choose the most appropriate data storage type, having options between a key/value or document data store, and also you will implement automated tests for it. This module will evolve chapter by chapter until it turns into a full-fledged and secure Restful service.
Style and approach
Create state of the art RESTful API solutions leveraging Node.JS 4.x.