Unleash the power of Swift and discover the skills required to build incredible robust iOS applications
About This Book
- Write expressive, understandable, and maintainable Swift 2 code with this hands-on course
- Unveil the complex underpinnings of Swift to turn your app ideas into reality
- Specialize in developing real iOS apps, and 2D and 3D video games using Swift and Cocoapods
- Dive deep into protocol extensions, learn new error handling model and use featured Swift design patterns to write more efficient code
Who This Book Is For
This course would be for app developers who are new to developing for iOS or OSX and are trying to get grips with Swift for the first time.
What You Will Learn
- From a solid understanding of the Swift 2 language
- Get to know the practical aspects of how a computer program actually works
- Understand the paradigms used by Apple's frameworks, so you are not intimidated by them
- Create a server in Swift to deliver JSON data to an iOS app
- Take advantage of Cocoapods to use third-party libraries
- Build games with SpriteKit and SceneKit
- Develop an app running on the cloud to act as an API server for your client's apps
- Dive into the core components of Swift 2 including operators, collections, control flow, and functions
- Create and use classes, structures, and enums including object-oriented topics such as inheritance, protocols, and extensions
- Develop a practical understanding of subscripts, optionals, and closures
- Master Objective-C interoperability with mix and match
- Access network resources using Swift
- Implement various standard design patterns in the Swift language
The Swift––Developing iOS Applications course will take you on a journey to become an efficient iOS and OS X developer, with the latest trending topic in town. Right from the basics to the advanced level topics, this course would cover everything in detail. We'll embark our journey by dividing the learning path into four modules. Each of these modules are a mini course in their own right; and as you complete each one, you'll gain key skills and be ready for the material in the next module.
The first module is like a step-by-step guide to programming in Swift 2. Each topic is separated into compressible sections that are full of practical examples and easy-to-understand explanations. Each section builds on the previous topics, so you can develop a proficient and comprehensive understanding of app development in Swift 2. By the end of this module, you'll have a basic understanding of Swift 2 and its functionalities.
The second module will be the an easy-to-follow guide filled with tutorials to show you how to build real-world apps. The difficulty and complexity level increases chapter by chapter. Each chapter is dedicated to build a new app, beginning from a basic and unstyled app through to a full 3D game. The last two chapters show you how to build a complete client-server e-commerce app right from scratch. You'll be able to build well-designed apps, effectively use AutoLayout, develop videogames, and build server apps.
The third and the last module of our course will take an example-based approach where each concept covered is supported by example code to not only give you a good understanding of the concept, but also to demonstrate how to properly implement it.
Style and approach
This course includes all the resources that will help you jump into the app development .This course covers all the important aspects Swift application development and is divided into individual modules so that you develop your skill after the completion of a module and get ready for the next. Through this comprehensive course, you'll learn how to use Swift programming with hands-on examples from scratch to finish!