Learn core concepts of Python and unleash its power to script highest quality Python programs
About This Book
- Develop a strong set of programming skills with Pyhton that you will be able to express in any situation, on every platform, thanks to Python's portability
- Stop writing scripts and start architecting programs by applying object-oriented programming techniques in Python
- Learn the trickier aspects of Python and put it in a structured context for deeper understanding of the language
Who This Book Is For
This course is meant for programmers who wants to learn Python programming from a basic to an expert level. The course is mostly self-contained and introduces Python programming to a new reader and can help him become an expert in this trade.
What You Will Learn
- Get Python up and running on Windows, Mac, and Linux in no time
- Grasp the fundamental concepts of coding, along with the basics of data structures and control flow
- Understand when to use the functional or the object-oriented programming approach
- Extend class functionality using inheritance
- Exploit object-oriented programming in key Python technologies, such as Kivy and Django
- Understand how and when to use the functional programming paradigm
- Use the multiprocessing library, not just locally but also across multiple machines
Python is a dynamic and powerful programming language, having its application in a wide range of domains. It has an easy-to-use, simple syntax, and a powerful library, which includes hundreds of modules to provide routines for a wide range of applications, thus making it a popular language among programing enthusiasts.This course will take you on a journey from basic programming practices to high-end tools and techniques giving you an edge over your peers. It follows an interesting learning path, divided into three modules. As you complete each one, you'll have gained key skills and get ready for the material in the next module.The first module will begin with exploring all the essentials of Python programming in an easy-to-understand way. This will lay a good foundation for those who are interested in digging deeper. It has a practical and example-oriented approach through which both the introductory and the advanced topics are explained. Starting with the fundamentals of programming and Python, it ends by exploring topics, like GUIs, web apps, and data science.In the second module you will learn about object oriented programming techniques in Python. Starting with a detailed analysis of object-oriented technique and design, you will use the Python programming language to clearly grasp key concepts from the object-oriented paradigm. This module fully explains classes, data encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and exceptions with an emphasis on when you can use each principle to develop well-designed software.With a good foundation of Python you will move onto the third module which is a comprehensive tutorial covering advanced features of the Python language. Start by creating a project-specific environment using venv. This will introduce you to various Pythonic syntax and common pitfalls before moving onto functional features and advanced concepts, thereby gaining an expert level knowledge in programming and teaching how to script highest quality Python programs.
Style and approach
This course follows a theory-cum-practical approach having all the ingredients that will help you jump into the field of Python programming as a novice and grow-up as an expert. The aim is to create a smooth learning path that will teach you how to get started with Python and carry out expert-level programming techniques at the end of course.