Fast-track your web development skills to build high performance SPA with Angular 2 and beyond
About This Book
- Up to date with the latest API changes introduced by Angular 2 and 4
- Get familiar with the improvements to directives, change detection, dependency injection, router, and more
- Understand Angular's new component-based architecture
- Start using TypeScript to supercharge your Angular applications
Who This Book Is For
Do you want to jump in at the deep end of Angular? Or perhaps you're interested assessing the changes to AngularJS before moving over? If so, then "Getting Started with Angular" is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the changes made from AngularJS with side-by-side code samples to help demystify the Angular learning curve
- Start working with Angular's new method of implementing directives
- Use TypeScript to write modern, powerful Angular applications
- Dig in to the change detection method, and other architectural changes to make sure you know what's going on under the hood of Angular
- Get to work with the new router in Angular
- Use the new features of Angular, including pipes, and the updated features such as forms, services, and dependency injection
- Learn about the server-side rendering in Angular to keep your new applications SEO-friendly
- Enhance your applications using Ahead-of-Time compilation and Web Workers
I'm delighted to see this new update and hope it helps you build amazing things with Angular. - Misko Hevery, Creator of AngularJS and Angular
Angular is the modern framework you need to build performant and robust web applications. This book is the quickest way to upgrade your AngularJS knowledge to the brave new world of Angular, and get grips with the framework.
It starts with an overview putting the changes of the framework in context with version 1. After that, you will be taken on a TypeScript crash-course so you can take advantage of Angular in its native, statically-typed environment. You'll explore the new change detection mechanism in detail, how directives and components have changed, how you create applications with Angular, and much more. Next, you'll understand how to efficienly develop forms, use the router, implement communication with HTTP services, and transform data with custom pipes. Finally, we will take a look at the Angular's Ahead-of-Time compiler, angular-cli and other such tools that help us build professional applications.
By the end of the book, you'll be ready to start building quick and efficient Angular applications compatible with v2 and v4, that take advantage of all the new features on offer.
This book is up to date for the 2.4 release and is compatible with the 4.0 release as well.
Style and approach
Starting with a comparison between Angular versions, this book is filled with side-by-side code examples to help highlight the changes. Each chapter then looks at major changes to the framework and is filled with small examples and sample code to get you started.