Master over 80 object-oriented recipes to create amazing GUIs in Python and revolutionize your applications today
About This Book
- Use object-oriented programming to develop amazing GUIs in Python
- Create a working GUI project as a central resource for developing your Python GUIs
- Easy-to-follow recipes to help you develop code using the latest released version of Python
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate Python programmers who wish to enhance their Python skills by writing powerful GUIs in Python. As Python is such a great and easy to learn language, this book is also ideal for any developer with experience of other languages and enthusiasm to expand their horizon.
What You Will Learn
- Create the GUI Form and add widgets
- Arrange the widgets using layout managers
- Use object-oriented programming to create GUIs
- Create Matplotlib charts
- Use threads and talking to networks
- Talk to a MySQL database via the GUI
- Perform unit-testing and internationalizing the GUI
- Extend the GUI with third-party graphical libraries
- Get to know the best practices to create GUIs
Python is a multi-domain, interpreted programming language. It is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It is often used as a scripting language because of its forgiving syntax and compatibility with a wide variety of different eco-systems. Python GUI Programming Cookbook follows a task-based approach to help you create beautiful and very effective GUIs with the least amount of code necessary.
This book will guide you through the very basics of creating a fully functional GUI in Python with only a few lines of code. Each and every recipe adds more widgets to the GUIs we are creating. While the cookbook recipes all stand on their own, there is a common theme running through all of them. As our GUIs keep expanding, using more and more widgets, we start to talk to networks, databases, and graphical libraries that greatly enhance our GUI's functionality. This book is what you need to expand your knowledge on the subject of GUIs, and make sure you're not missing out in the long run.
Style and approach
This programming cookbook consists of standalone recipes, and this approach makes it unique.. While each recipe explains a certain concept, throughout the book you'll build a more and more advanced GUI, recipe after recipe. In some of the advanced topics, we simply create a new GUI in order to explore these topics in depth.