About This Book
- Develop a set of real-world applications each exploring different features of Meteor
- Make your app more appealing by adding reactivity and responsiveness to it
- Work with the most powerful feature of Meteor?the “full stack reactivity”?through building real-time applications with many third party libraries
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who is looking forward to taking your application development skills with Meteor to next level by getting your hands-on different projects, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- See how Meteor fits in the modern web application development by using its reactive data system
- Make your front-end behave consistently across environments by implementing a predictable state container with Redux
- Get familiar with React and overview of Angular 2
- Add a map to your application with a real-time geolocation
- Plugin into Meteor social media APIs like Twitter's streaming and Facebook's Messenger
- Add search functionality from scratch to your existing app and data
- Add responsiveness with Bootstrap 4 and Google's Material Design using Less and Sass
- Distribute your data across machines and data centers by adding Apache Cassandra to your existing stack.
- Learn how to scale your microservices with the high performant language neutral framework gRPC.
- Learn how to query multiple data sources using GraphQL.
By the end of the book, you'll have the skills to quickly prototype and even launch your next app idea in a matter of days.
Style and Approach
This book takes an easy-to-follow project-based approach. Each project starts with the goal of what you will learn and an overview the technologies used.