Master machine learning techniques with R to deliver insights in complex projects
About This Book
- Understand and apply machine learning methods using an extensive set of R packages such as XGBOOST
- Understand the benefits and potential pitfalls of using machine learning methods such as Multi-Class Classification and Unsupervised Learning
- Implement advanced concepts in machine learning with this example-rich guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is for data science professionals, data analysts, or anyone with a working knowledge of machine learning, with R who now want to take their skills to the next level and become an expert in the field.
What You Will Learn
- Gain deep insights into the application of machine learning tools in the industry
- Manipulate data in R efficiently to prepare it for analysis
- Master the skill of recognizing techniques for effective visualization of data
- Understand why and how to create test and training data sets for analysis
- Master fundamental learning methods such as linear and logistic regression
- Comprehend advanced learning methods such as support vector machines
- Learn how to use R in a cloud service such as Amazon
This book will teach you advanced techniques in machine learning with the latest code in R 3.3.2. You will delve into statistical learning theory and supervised learning; design efficient algorithms; learn about creating Recommendation Engines; use multi-class classification and deep learning; and more.
You will explore, in depth, topics such as data mining, classification, clustering, regression, predictive modeling, anomaly detection, boosted trees with XGBOOST, and more. More than just knowing the outcome, you'll understand how these concepts work and what they do.
With a slow learning curve on topics such as neural networks, you will explore deep learning, and more. By the end of this book, you will be able to perform machine learning with R in the cloud using AWS in various scenarios with different datasets.
Style and approach
The book delivers practical and real-world solutions to problems and a variety of tasks such as complex recommendation systems. By the end of this book, you will have gained expertise in performing R machine learning and will be able to build complex machine learning projects using R and its packages.