Leverage the features of TypeScript to boost your development skills and create captivating applications
About This Book
- Learn how to develop modular, scalable, maintainable, and adaptable web applications by taking advantage of TypeScript
- Explore techniques to use TypeScript alongside other leading tools such as Angular 2, React, and Node.js
- Focusing on design patterns in TypeScript, this step-by-step guide demonstrates all the important design patterns in practice
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Understand the key TypeScript language features and runtime
- Install and configure the necessary tools in order to start developing an application
- Create object-oriented code that adheres to the SOLID principles
- Develop robust applications with testing (Mocha, Chai, and SinonJS)
- Apply GoF patterns in an application with a testing approach
- Identify the challenges when developing an application
- Utilize System.JS and Webpack to load scripts and their dependencies
- Develop high performance server-side applications to run within Node.js
The first module gets you started with TypeScript and helps you understand the basics of TypeScript and automation tools. Get a detailed description of function, generics, callbacks, and promises, and discover the object-oriented features and memory management functionality of TypeScript.
The next module starts by explaining the current challenges when designing and developing an application and how you can solve these challenges by applying the correct design pattern and best practices. You will be introduced to low-level programming concepts to help you write TypeScript code, as well as working with software architecture, best practices, and design aspects.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be able to take your skills up a notch and develop full-fledged web applications using the latest features of the TypeScript.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Learning TypeScript by Remo H. Jansen
- TypeScript Design Patterns by Vilic Vane
- TypeScript Blueprints by Ivo Gabe de Wolff
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step, practical guide covering the fundamentals of TypeScript with practical examples. The end-to-end projects included in this book will give you ready-to-implement solutions for your business scenario, showcasing the depth and robustness of TypeScript.