Implementing ERP Systems
About This Book
- Solve common business problems with the valuable features and flexibility of Dynamics NAV
- Design software that is maintainable outside the ecosystem of their creators
- Create configuration packages and perform data migration on your own
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Dynamics NAV partners, developers, consultants, and end users who want to know everything about Dynamics NAV implementations and development.
What You Will Learn
- Create reusable data migration packages
- Successfully upgrade your installation to the latest version
- Manage and expand your existing installation with additional functionalities
- Apply object-oriented practices to C/AL programming
- Refactor legacy code and avoid anti-patterns
- Build relationships with COM technologies
- Clone codes and their application in Dynamics NAV
- Automate deployment into Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application used in all kinds of organizations around the world. It provides a great variety of functionality, out-of-the-box, in different topics such as accounting, sales, purchase processing, logistics, and manufacturing. Microsoft Dynamics NAV also allows companies to grow their applications by customizing solutions to meet specific requirements.
This course is a hands-on tutorial on working with a real Dynamics NAV implementation. It begins by providing an insight into the different tools available to migrate data from client legacy systems into Microsoft Dynamics NAV. If you are already live with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you will learn about upgrades and what to expect from them. We'll also show you how to implement additional or expanding functionalities within your existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation, perform data analysis, debug error messages, and implement free third-party add-ons to your existing installation. From here, you will be introduced to integrated development tools to make you a highly productive developer in the NAV environment.
The course will serve as a comprehensive reference guide, complementing NAV's Help files. You will find this course really useful if you want to evaluate Microsoft Dynamics NAV's development capabilities or need to manage NAV-based projects. Additionally, you will also learn about the NAV application structure, the C/SIDE development environment, the C/AL language, the construction and uses of each object type, and how it all fits together. Moving on, you will be guided through the NAV way of solving problems. You will be introduced to patterns and the software NAV architecture and will then build an example application. Then, you will walk through the details of architectural patterns, design patterns, and implementation patterns and will also learn about anti-patterns and handling legacy code. You will learn how to build solutions using patterns. The course offers premium, highly practical content on this recently released version of Dynamics NAV, and includes material from the following Packt books :
- Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Third Edition
- Programming Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV
- Learning Dynamics NAV Patterns
Style and approach
This course is for Dynamics NAV partners, developers, consultants, and end users who want to know everything about Dynamics NAV implementations and development.