AJAX enables interactive interfaces that can replace traditional user interfaces. Enhance the user experience of your PHP website using AJAX with this practical and friendly tutorial! This book is the most efficient resource you can get to enter the exciting world of AJAX with PHP. Based on numerous examples and detailed case studies, this AJAX with PHP tutorial will build your foundation knowledge for creating faster, better web applications.
The best AJAX tutorial for PHP developers has been completely rewritten to be your friendly guide to modern Web 2.0 development techniques! AJAX and PHP: Building Modern Web Applications, 2nd Edition covers every significant aspect of creating and maintaining AJAX and PHP applications.
- Learn how to write unobtrusive, degradable, portable, SEO-friendly AJAX code
- Debug your AJAX and PHP code using modern tools
- Assess the security implications of writing AJAX code and avoid security risks such as cross-site scripting
- Learn advanced AJAX and PHP patterns and techniques such as predictive fetching, progress indicator, graceful degradation, cross-domain calls, and more
- Understand the complete client-server mechanism by going through complete, step-by-step case studies, including AJAX Form Validation, and AJAX Online Chat and AJAX Editable DataGrid with jQuery
This book is a step-by-step, example-driven AJAX tutorial, featuring complete case studies. Each chapter contains a friendly mix of theory and practice, so that your journey through the book will be pleasant, yet efficient. You'll be coding your first AJAX application at the end of the first chapter, and with each new chapter you'll develop increasingly complex AJAX applications featuring advanced techniques and coding patterns.
Who this book is for
AJAX and PHP: Building Modern Web Applications, 2nd Edition, is written for PHP developers who:
- Are looking for a step-by-step, example-driven AJAX tutorial
- Want to learn advanced AJAX coding patterns and techniques and be able to assess the security and SEO implications of their code