Design and deploy your own web application in minutes using Sinatra
About This Book
- Exploit Sinatra to design a web application
- Integrate external, internal, and inline CSS and use some popular CSS frameworks
- Deploy an application onto your own server or on a cloud application platform
Who This Book Is For
Learning Sinatra is a great place to start your first Sinatra application. It doesn't matter whether you have written a web application before or not, though some basic knowledge of programming is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Install and set up Ruby and Sinatra
- Work with layouts and template routes
- Extend the code to include CSS in different ways
- Create projects and understand MVC
- Design the front-end with Twitter Bootstrap
- Use the MySQL/SQLite gem to communicate with databases
- Implement sessions that can be used across multiple pages
- Utilize the innovative and user-friendly features of ORMs
Sinatra is a Ruby framework that is widely used in the Industry. You can use it to make a single-page web app or a large-scale one. With the increased online footprint, you can create and deploy your own application.
Whether you are brand-new to online learning or a seasoned expert, this book will provide you with the skills you need to successfully create, customize, and deploy a Sinatra application. Starting from the beginning, this book will cover how to install Ruby and Sinatra, construct the back-end, design and customize the front-end layout, and utilize the innovative and user-friendly features of ORMs. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly master Sinatra's features to create your own application.
With ample screenshots and code that offers a play-by-play account of how to build an application, Learning Sinatra will ensure your success with this cutting-edge framework.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach to Sinatra and explains it in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. A simple project is used as a base to explain each topic. The code and screenshots included add to the ease of learning.