Don’t worry if you never took a physics course, you can easily update your electronics knowledge by following Lou’s clear and logical systems-level approach. When you finish this book you will understand different types of electronic circuits, how they work, and how they fit together to create modern electronic equipment, enabling you to apply, use, select, operate and discuss common electronic products and systems. And all this is explained using basic functional building blocks rather than detailed circuit analysis!
- Introduces you to the principles that form the basis of electronics, including the core concepts of how to generate current flow, how to control it, and magnetism.
- Learn about the basic components of electronics such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits.
- Discover different types of circuits, using the functional block diagram approach which makes it easy to understand their purpose and application without requiring nitty-gritty circuit analysis.
- Get a grip on embedded controllers, the single-chip microcontrollers that are built into virtually every electronic device.
- Get involved with Hands-On projects in each chapter.
- A fresh look at how electronics work
- Learn about the inner workings of your HDTV, cell phone, and video game console
- Hands-on projects and experiments bring electronics to life