Mambo is a PHP-based Open Source CMS. Mambo is both easy to use at the entry level for creating basic websites, while having the power and flexibility to support complex web applications.
Mambo implements the core requirements of a full featured CMS. It has a powerful and extensible templating system with the ability to upload and manage many different data types. User access control, content approval, rich administrative control, content display scheduling are all built-in. New features and extensions are constantly added to the core system, with many more being available and supported by the community.
Most of the Mambo development team now works on a fork of Mambo known as Joomla. Mastering Mambo is fully compatible with Joomla's 1.0 release.
Mastering Mambo is a professional-level guide to Mambo's most powerful and useful features. You will develop powerful interactive sites that fit perfectly with your unique requirements.
- Create attractive custom layouts for Mambo
- Build multilingual, internationalised sites
- Open an online store for your Mambo site, complete with support for gift coupons, automatic invoicing, and more
- Turn your site into a community with discussion forums
- Discover more of the available Mambo extensions and how to use them
- Optimize your site for performance, search engines, security, and accessibility
- Develop your own components, modules and Mambots
- Master DOCMAN, the document manager for Mambo, to turn your Mambo site into a dynamic repository of shared documents and files
Read Chapter 10: "Search Engine Optimization" - [PDF 1.2MB]
Using a highly graphical, practical style the experienced authors show you how to get the most out of Mambo's more advanced features and abilities.
Who this book is for
Mastering Mambo is the book for anybody who has developed a Mambo web site, and wants to expand what their site can do and make the most of this powerful content management system.
It is not a tutorial in the Mambo basics. Nor is it a comprehensive reference to Mambo's workings. Instead, it shows you how to employ Mambo's most powerful and useful features in your own site or intranet.