A new edition the most popular Hack Proofing book around!
IT professionals who want to run secure networks, or build secure software, need to know about the methods of hackers. The second edition of the best seller Hack Proofing Your Network, teaches about those topics, including:
· The Politics, Laws of Security, Classes of Attack, Methodology, Diffing, Decrypting, Brute Force, Unexpected Input, Buffer Overrun, Sniffing, Session Hijacking, Spoofing, Server Holes, Client Holes, Trojans and Viruses, Reporting Security Problems, Choosing Secure Systems
The central idea of this book is that it's better for you to find the holes in your network than it is for someone else to find them, someone that would use them against you. The complete, authoritative guide to protecting your Windows 2000 Network.
Updated coverage of an international bestseller and series flagship
Covers more methods of attack and hacker secrets
Interest in topic continues to grow - network architects, engineers and administrators continue to scramble for security books
Written by the former security manager for Sybase and an expert witness in the Kevin Mitnick trials
· A great addition to the bestselling "Hack Proofing..." series
· Windows 2000 sales have surpassed those of Windows NT
· Critical topic. The security of an organization's data and communications is crucial to its survival and these topics are notoriously difficult to grasp
· Unrivalled web support at firstname.lastname@example.org