This book explains how to use GarageBand '08 to create musical compositions with vocals, drums, guitars, MIDI keyboards, and even the kitchen sink! Seattle musician Jeff Tolbert shares his GarageBand know-how and years of recording experience to help you get the most out of your existing gear or purchase new equipment that fits your budget and style. You'll find real-world recording studio techniques, learn how to use a microphone effectively, and discover how to apply effects like a pro. Clear steps and practical advice help you plan a recording session, record multiple tracks at once, and fix mistakes easily. Two example songs demonstrate many of the techniques discussed.
Bonus! Linked-in audio lets you listen to examples while you read about them and an eight-page glossary covers many recording-related terms. Remember us when you're famous!
Questions you'll find answers to include:
- How do I best record a vocalist?
- How do I use the new multi-take recording option?
- How do I use the new Visual EQ effect?
- How can I change an effect over time in a track?
- What should I know about punching in on a Real Instrument track?