Seattle musician Jeff Tolbert's step-by-step instructions guide beginning and intermediate users through using GarageBand's built-in loops to create three songs, explaining not only how to use GarageBand's editing and mixing features but also how to be playful and creative while composing tunes that please the ear. You'll learn how to plan a song, get the most out of Magic GarageBand, edit loops using both graphical and notation view, create exciting mixes, and export your masterpieces.
The book also covers how to change track volume, tempo, and panning dynamically, and how to work with GarageBand's effects. Plus, it includes seven suggestions for solving performance problems.
Bonus! Linked-in audio lets you listen to examples while you read about them, and a five-page glossary helps you quickly learn about music-related terms.
Questions you'll find answers to include:
- How do I use the new Visual EQ effect?
- How can I make a ringtone for my iPhone?
- What's the new arrange track used for?
- How do I easily change the tempo in different sections of my tune?
- How can I customize a Magic GarageBand song so it doesn't sound like everyone else's?
"I had a tough time getting started with GarageBand until I bought Take Control of Making Music with GarageBand."